Friday, October 1, 2010

Day late, dollar short.

So now that it's October, I managed to do more bike riding than I did all spring and summer (over a week's period. The century, 'tour de cure' with Andy was the single longest ride I did in June). I did 105 miles just this week (not very impressive compared to Andy, I know), over the span of three rides. I got excited about losing a bit of weight that I gained since 2008, and the Air Force has revamped the PT program yet again, putting the stress on passing the test on everyone a bit more. I have done more running this year than ever before, but since I can't ride a lot of the winter, I feel the need to get out on my bike. The AF Academy is a perfect place to ride in the Springs. Much less traffic, bigger shoulders for the most part, and good climbing on a 12-mile circuit course. Anyway, it felt good to do so much riding after being bike-lazy all year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are awesome!! 105 miles in one week! That makes me exhausted just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. 105 miles is nothing to hang your head about. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete