Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Too Old (No, really)

So three years ago I somehow pinched my sciatic in my left leg. I suspect it was slouching and poor posture. The last soccer game I played before going on vacation, I injured myself in three different places: left ankle, right knee, left hip/back. I fell full force on my hip and lower back and it has hurt ever since. On the 24th of July I decided to go skiing so I could at least say I did this year at the cabin. When my father-in-law pulled me out of the water, I pulled my lower back muscles, making the trifecta of injuries complete. I can usually recover from pulled back muscles in a few days, but my sciatica has flared up and my hip seems to be playing a major part as well. Anyway, unlike my father (so far), I can still make an appt. and go to the doctors on my own, which I did. Step one of course is Motrin and muscle relaxer. Once it fully gets in my system we will see how effective it is. But as for my soccer playing days, for the type of soccer I play, I am too hard on my body and not in good enough soccer shape to keep it up the way I am going, so I am pulling out. One season back in it was enough for sentimentality reasons. It was a great reunion, but soccer and I have to part ways.
It is interesting that as I am enjoying no mobility, Andy seems to be enjoying knee pain again, and Bryan seems to be enjoying stomach pain again. Not to mention mom going in for surgery soon.
Besides my whining about unbearable pain, our family did enjoy our vacation to our cabin in West Yellowstone with Sarah's family. Being a wet year, the mosquito's were unbelievably horrible, but we refused to stay inside. We also were able to pour our basement floor in with concrete, so it is ready for walls and a bathroom. Next year we are taking the truck instead of the minivan. It will be much nicer on the off roads, going spotting, pulling the boat if I need to, and everything else besides the actual road trip, but we will manage.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain :) Well not really but you know what I mean. At least you left soccer with a bang. Good times!

    ReplyDelete