Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another day




We are four games away from the end of the regular season for outdoor soccer. It took me a whole season to get back in my groove, and now that I have come back after a ten-year hiatus, I feel that soccer and I may be saying goodbye. I hate to say it, but it was the hardest thing to get back into 'soccer shape'. We lost our first game yesterday, playing a young, speedy club team who have been playing together. I played midfield for the first time on this team and loved it. I have started to become more agressive, getting back into my game, which feels good.
The fam is doing well. Connor loves to get on my nerves. Sarah swears either she doesn't speak his language, or he doesn't speak ours. Either way, he has an annoying knack for not listening to mother. Orson is reinforcing his signature of being tender-hearted. He loves his sister, he loves giving loves, and he couldn't be a sweeter boy. Tensley has found a new way to be cute, even when she is ornery. She makes this strained face while looking upwards. She could either be in a good mood or bad when doing this, which makes it even better.
Sarah is excited for the cabin. We experimented with our dutch oven this last weekend and reinforced our tentative plans on making a dutch oven mountain man breakfast for a dinner while we are there. She is always cooking and baking and trying to improve which makes me the proud husband of the best chef known to any 28 year old out there.
Every year Larry does this epic mountain bike ride at the cabin, and I am the most reliable tag-along. 2007 brought a new bike to my door for this which also brought disc brakes which are new to me as well. With those gone haywire and a couple loose screws which I can't even locate, I took it into the shop, something I consider a last resort, since I can fix most problems on my bikes. I can't believe I even admit this on here.
The attached pics are random pictures I took while Orson thought he would be cute by wearing my headband.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so fun :) I am way glad you get to go to the cabin....I can't wait until you live closer (someday). I relate with the whole not listening thing...all I can say is it's a good learning esperience....for ME :) Your kids are adorable and I miss them tons. Feel free to send Connor our way anytime. I know Liah wouldn't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are blogging!!! Have fun at el cabeen!!

    ReplyDelete