Thursday, January 15, 2009

Eh

I wonder if the 'grieving process' is something that can be considered an over-generalization. I don't know much about it, but it doesn't seem to cover everyone and here is why I think so. Living outside of the bubble that a death affects, you don't experience it the same way. It is like that bubble protects you in some ironic way, as you are outside it rather than inside. Some like to push the 'grieving process' on those that are supposedly going through it. 'Everything you are feeling is natural, don't fight it, it is okay to cry, scream, feel angry, etc' they say. You would think those that have read up on it or are trained in it would, by the year 2009, have considered the different proximities to tragedy. It affects us all in a different way and the grieving process doesn't seem to be setup for that consideration. It is interesting that within the space-time coordinates, proximity is a factor in a relationship. Who knew? All I have wanted to do in the last two months is be nostalgic, sentimental and less cynical. I am still the same otherwise. Anyway, I haven't posted in a few days and I just wanted to transfer some of the mess in my head into a digital mess on a computer screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment