Tuesday, September 9, 2008

About time....or is it?

Well here it is, finally an update to our blog....Nothing much to say though. Tensley had her birthday on Aug. 26th! Yay for her. Connor started pre-school, which he absolutely loves. That child gets car sickness so easily...We ran one errand before taking him one day this week, where he stayed in the car with mom and the other two for just a few minutes, not moving. We get to his school and he mentions he is sick, but he isn't going to throw up (for fear of not going to school). Not fifteen minutes later, his teacher calls and asks us to come get him, he has thrown up. Luckily for her, we did something right, for he made it to the toilet before he made artwork on other things.
Tensley is in her weening period, and it is going smoothly. Yeah, we spoil her by way of picking her up or getting her when she whines, but she doesn't want mommy for anything other than for her to hold her, so we are winning one battle I suppose...
My back is the same old story, new dates. I read the MRI report for the brief moment it passed through my hands and it looked like I had three bulging discs, where two were minor and one was major. I see a neurosurgeon Sept. 11 for a consult and go from there. Apparently surgery is still the last option, but not as big a deal nowadays. Consequently, I am up and out of bed right now at 3 in the morning because I ran out of drugs that help me sleep so I thought I'd update our silly blog. Nothing much new with Orson or mom. Sarah gets up early and goes walking/running. I am jealous, she gets that crisp, brisk morning air when the world is still sleeping and all is quiet. Our summer days are over here in Rapid after a very brief warm season, so the mornings are very refreshing, some already winterlike she says. Orson is still cute little Orson. He is seemingly transitioning well with Connor going to school. He gets to play by himself during that time for it is 'rest time' and mommy and Tensley go down for a little nap.
On a less of an update note, I do not recommend transporting car batteries on bicycle without a bike equipped with some sort of basket like my Dad's. I shoved one in a triple plastic grocery sack and hauled it 400 or so yards to my auto shop to charge it overnight. I then hauled it back the next day...I mad it without crashing! Anyway, this story leads to the fact we had to get a new batter for the minivan, for this one was dying overnight. Considering the fact that Rand's Auto sales of Woods Cross sold us the minivan with crappy tires and a crappy battery, not to mention promising mats that have yet to arrive and accusing my wife of taking the second key when they never gave it to her.............considering all this, we still love our honda odyssey and wouldn't sell it for anything less than what it is worth, unless we were in a really tight spot and I lose the argument with my wife where we could sell one of the kids instead....
For now, tata.

2 comments:

  1. I love 3 am posts :) And yes, it IS about time! You and Bryan should have called each other...I think he got up around 12:30 and was up til about 4, so you could have shared horrible wee-morning tv stories :)

    As to your question on our blog, the foundation will not go under the laundry room...just right up to that way...they dug under it a little to give them extra room to set the forms. Once they backfill, it will be filled in again, so there you go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys!!! Good to hear from you though. Sorry your back is still in rough shape and that your van is as well. Good to hear everyone is doing pretty well though. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete