Saturday, November 26, 2011

Connor's Baptism


So Connor had a good baptism day.  As a new father, I didn't know what I was doing, where I was going, or when to do what action.  As a stake function, there were six candidates there to be baptized, with only Connor from the 15th ward.  We were very fortunate to have four or more dedicated picture takers and I am very grateful for all of them.  The water was warm for us (Connor), yet the building as a whole, and especially the locker room was quite cold.  Connor didn't stop shaking until after his suit was back on.  It it also quite small in our stake center.  As a stake function, with the potential to have multiple baptisms, one would think a slightly bigger changing room would be appropriate on the male side considering you will always have at least one out of the two using that side guaranteed.
Our primary presidency didn't clue us in or talk to us about anything.  They didn't tell us to plan anything for the schedule, or even tell us we have the option to fill out the ward part with whatever we wanted.  We were told it was ok to sing from the bishopric, but that was it.  The confirmation went well.  I was nervous words wouldn't come, but Father blessed me with a lack of 'stupor of thought'.  I am quite grateful for all my brothers, Larry and all the rest of the family.  My nerves would have been much worse without them there.
Connor beamed all day.  The day was about him and he enjoyed every minute of it.  I am so grateful cousins of his could come out to make his day special.  He enjoyed spending time with them and seeing them and his aunts and uncles and his grandparents there to watch him get baptized and confirmed.  Overall it was a lovely experience and I am so blessed to have shared it with my family.
Cameron Drommond and his lovely family went out of their way to support me as well.  They were out in the Springs visiting family, but I was so grateful that they could come spend time with us. Thanks Bam!
Thanks a ton for everyone coming out! Tiffany and Danelle, we missed you.  We know you wanted to come, but completely understand the constraints and limitations and difficulties of it all! Thanks for letting your husbands come out!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had so many people there to support you guys, Dal. I wish more than anything I could have been there, but knowing how much Bryan loved coming to see you guys, I know he'll be going back, so I'm sure I'll be seeing you before too long. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much, I know I never tell you that:) I am so grateful I had the opportunity to come. I had a wonderful time, just being around you, Sarah, and the children. Please tell them all I love them.

    ReplyDelete