Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Anthem to my King. Voice: Mindy Gledhill. Background/backup voices: Octapella.

I saw this posted on a blog or on facebook attached to I think the 5-minute video missionaries show at Christmas time. Anyway, I apologize for proper acknowledgment as I had to find the song afterward. I googled the lyrics and could not find anything, so I wrote them out. Posting them here now for myself and anyone else that may be interested.

ANTHEM TO MY KING

Holy Father with humble voice I raise

An Anthem to my King

May the Heavens find a way to hear

Those words I cannot sing

Lord with everlasting praise will Thee I worship endless days

Let this voice of gladness bring glory to thy name

Lord with everlasting praise will Thee I worship endless days

Let my voice of gladness bring glory to thy name

Father, our grateful voices raise an anthem to our king

May the heavens write on every heart

The words we cannot sing

Lord with everlasting praise will Thee we worship endless days

Let our voices of gladness bring glory to thy name

Father with grateful voices

Now we raise an Anthem to our…

Holy Father with grateful voice I raise

An Anthem to my King


There is a background voice while the choir of men's voices is singing in the second half. I didn't have the 'desire' if you will to figure out exactly those words. I think it is just one of the men singing slowly some of the same words. Sorry :|

3 comments:

  1. I love this poem. I guess I'm gonna have to go searching. Do you like Mindy Gledhill's voice? I don't think I've ever heard her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her voice. It's one I can listen to over and over, no matter what she is singing.
    Octappella is the a cappella group, and Worship is the cd that this song is on. I don't own any other Gledhill stuff, but they both have websites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mindy Gledhill...she's very fresh sounding. Love this song, thanks!

    ReplyDelete