Saturday, September 25, 2010

Year one: Home run


So year one for peach harvest was a huge success. We decided to make 5 batches quart size and the rest (so far...we are thinking of doing 24 pint size jars with the rest) went in freezer bags. A big thank you to Danelle for getting us started :). We estimated we harvested at least 90% of all peaches and we brought in, in modest numbers an estimated 325-350 peaches from medium to large size. It was quite enjoyable and we learned quite a bit for next year (such as thinning the tree out).

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I always leave mine out for a few days just so I can admire their prettiness. And that little *pop* the lids make?! My favorite :) Quite awesome for your first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful. I agree with Tiffany. I love that 'pop' sound and love to leave mine out to admire as well. (Of course that was partly due to 'Let's see, now just where am I going to put these puppies?")

    ReplyDelete