Monday, August 30, 2010

Brothers

I am so grateful I have two older brothers that, combined, have a bank of knowledge that is extremely useful for me. I called on that bank today by way of Bryan. He knows quite a bit about plant life, big and small. I have been pruning back the overgrown backyard of mine and thought, after a long while, that Bryan must have something to say about it. I proceeded to apply his advice to two trees with pretty big branches growing at the base of the lead trunk. One was angling over our back fence into the old folks home property. Not only did I bend the chain on my chainsaw, but I allowed the big branch to fall on my fence. After struggling with it for an hour and coming back to it after FHE, my retired neighbor saw me and got mad for not asking for help. We finally got it over to my property and I let him go. Tomorrow brings a new chain, I think I'll rent a wood chipper and hopefully a cleaner yard (I pruned a lot today and have a heap of branches bigger than I can shake a stick at).

Thanks Bryan!
If a few family members could get together and see if they could occupy dad tonight so he doesn't come give me nightmares, that'd be great :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Good job, sounds like that was a LOT of work. That last sentence, however, made me laugh, and I know it's really no laughing matter :( Hope your night was peaceful!

    ReplyDelete