Friday, March 26, 2010

Opposition

There is something to be said of opposition. I may have blogged about it before, but the concept amazes me still. What is it about an opposing idea that can either make us crumble or fortify us? What is it about us as individuals that differentiates between opposition and how we react to different forms? Opposition can be creepy too. We may not even know we are being opposed before it is too late. We may not realize we are being opposed, yet something inside us rises to the occasion or crumbles within before we know what is going on. An opposing idea can be subtle, simple and something we wouldn't think of as opposing. It may even be something you espouse in a certain aspect in your life, yet in another aspect it is considered opposition.

I am having an experience where opposition is facing me head on, but in a very attractive package. I welcome it into my life and don't ever want to part with it. Yet, it opposes a distinct aspect of my life that I also would never want to part with. As I embrace the opposition, it creates quite an interesting three way dance I have with what it opposes. They, oddly enough, complement each other. Something can also be said of moderation here as well. Moderation in all things is not light subject, yet moderation in ALL things may be the point. So be moderate and embrace your oppositions and they just may become your strengths.

2 comments: